Okay so the other day when I baked Chocolate Cupcakes for my staff, I also baked some Classic White Cupcakes per Wills request. When I asked him what his favorite kind of cake was, he said white. WHITE of all things. I thought HOW BORING.
But my god these cupcakes are good.
I came across a Simple White Cake Recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com that just got rave reviews, so I decided to give it a whirl- and let me tell you these little nuggets are the bomb-diggity (Yes. Yes. I just said ‘bomb-diggity).
I got so many compliments on these cupcakes, “Oh My God did you make these?”, “My whole family was fighting over these”, “They’re the best cupcakes I’ve ever had” – you get the picture.
The buttercream recipe was also divine and can be found at the bottom of my Chocolate Cupcakes post 🙂
Classic White Cupcakes
Prep: 20 minutes Bake: 30 minutes Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cupcakes are done when it springs back to the touch.
- Finish with buttercream frosting!