Last week, my theme for my preschool class was “Our Healthy Bodies”. We talked about things that we do to make our bodies healthy, happy, and strong (and also things that make our bodies sad and weak).
On Friday we did a snack craft where we made APPLE SMILES!
I bought a big sack of red apples and encouraged my kiddos to gobble them up!
However, even after my 30 students ate their snack, I still had 6 apples left over! These red apples aren’t my preferred choice in apple for snacking consumption, so I decided to bake them in to something more delicious!
Now, I will apologize for my horrible attempt at documenting the ‘recipe’ I created.
Honestly, I sliced the apples, then sprinkled my ingredients over the top without measuring. My recipe below is my best attempt at recreating this dish (with some slight changes) that would create an even better outcome!
It was delicious.
Prep: 20 minutes Bake: 45 minutes
- 6 red apples
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 3 tablespoons whole grain oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray shallow glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Peel and slice apples.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl, toss apples in mixture to coat evenly.
- Pour apples in to baking dish, cover with slices of butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes stirring occasionally.